Whilst living in Kuala Lumpur there are several opportunities to study in English. The studies mentioned here are just some of the possibilities. Have a look on the internet as well to get an idea of the possibilities.
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (The National University of Malaysia): Undergraduate and graduate studies, variety of faculties and institute.
- University Kuala Lumpur: Foundation, undergraduate and graduate studies, short courses.
- University Malaya: Undergraduate and postgraduate studies, wide variety of academies and institutes.
- Help Institute: Programs covering business, law, management, economics, IT, social sciences and the humanities at undergraduate and graduate levels.
Many subjects can be studied through distance learning/correspondence courses. For example,
Nowadays there are also many opportunities to learn online. Many universities, colleges, and institutes offer opportunities to take courses through an online learning platform, sometimes it is even possible to obtain a complete degree. Usually a fee is required to obtain credit for the course and receive support, but sometimes it is also possible to audit the course for free.
One possibility for online learning are Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which have become popular since 2012. MOOCs are online courses in which everyone can partake. Some popular MOOC websites are:
- EdX: A non-profit MOOC provider that hosts online university-level courses in a wide range of disciplines. Most courses can be audited for free (some courses offer verified certificates for a fee).
- Coursera: A for-profit MOOC provider hosting university-level courses in a wide range of discipline. Most courses can be audited for free (some courses offer verified certificates for a fee).
- Udacity: A for-profit educational organization offering MOOCs focusing on computer science. Course materials can be accessed for free, though a monthly fee is required to earn a certificate and receive coaching.
Please also see this Wikipedia article for more information about MOOCs and a list of MOOC providers, and this article comparing the three biggest providers.
Since online education is still developing and changing, new platforms are regularly launched, and new opportunities and possibilities created. So please also check the internet to get an idea of what is possible!